Monday, July 25, 2011

Smoke That Cigarette


An amazing old cigarette song and video which promotes Winston Cigarettes and Admiral Cigarettes. And here are the lyrics:

Now I'm a feller with a heart of goldAnd the ways of a gentleman I've been toldThe kind of guy that wouldn't even harm a fleaBut if me and a certain character metThe guy that invented the cigaretteI'd murder that son-of-a-gun in the first degree

It ain't cuz I don't smoke myselfAnd I don't reckon that it'll harm your healthSmoked all my life and I ain't dead yet

But nicotine slaves are all the sameAt a pettin' party or a poker gameEverything gotta stop while they have a cigaretteSmoke, smoke, smoke that cigarettePuff, puff, puff and if you smoke yourself to deathTell St. Peter at the Golden GateThat you hate to make him waitBut you just gotta have another cigarette

Now in a game of chance the other nightOld Dame Fortune was a-doin' me rightThe kings and the queens just kept on comin' round

And I got a full and I bet 'em highBut my bluff didn't work on a certain guyHe just kept on raisin' and layin' that money down

Now he'd raise me and I'd raise himI sweated blood, gotta sink or swimHe finally called and didn't even raise the bet

So I said "aces full Pops how 'bout you?"He said "I'll tell you in a minute or twoBut right now, I gotta have me a cigarette"

Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarettePuff, puff, puff and if you smoke yourself to deathTell St. Peter at the Golden GateThat you hates to make him waitBut you just gotta have another cigarette

(Ah, smoke it! Hah! Yes! Yes! Yes!)

The other night I had a dateWith the cutest little girl in the United StatesA high-bred, uptown, fancy little dame

She loved me and it seemed to meThat things were 'bout like they oughta beSo hand in hand we strolled down lover's lane

She was oh so far from a cake of iceAnd our smoochin' party was goin' niceSo help me cats I believe I'd be there yet

But I give her a kiss and a little squeezeAnd she said, "ah, Marty, excuse me pleaseI just gotta have me another, cigarette"

And she said, smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarettePuff, puff, puff and if you smoke yourself to deathTell St. Peter at the Golden GateThat you hate to make him waitBut you just gotta have another cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment