Monday, August 18, 2008

No wonder she doesn't believe I have a brain; she thinks I'm made of straw!

One more knock to the feminists, then a post on something serious like Darfur and the ICC.

Rachel Kramer Bussel thinks that, in the mind of anyone scandalized by a woman with more than a dozen notches on her bedpost, women
are reduced to nothing more than our number of partners.
She must have strong legs to make such a huge logical leap. I wonder what she does for exercise.

She continues:
Ironside has a lot to learn about sex. I believe that sexual decision-making should be left up to the individual, based on their own desires and values, not some random standard based on what other people think.
"Some random standard based on what other people think." That's beautiful; I think the Pope said that.

Last pull-quote:
Basically, Ironside is saying that if you've screwed more than 15 people, you're a big slut who should hardly dare show her face, let alone expect to date or marry.
I suppose that when your definition of morality is "some random standard based on what other people think," then the opposing viewpoint is slut-shaming and nothing more.

Across town at On the Issues, Shere Hite thinks we can redefine sex. I didn't know it was that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment